Hong Kong, December 28, 2005 - Cleverlearn Ltd. has entered into a licensing agreement with Oxford University Press (OUP) to release the latter's dictionaries through Clicktionary's premium packages.
With these new state-of-the-art offerings, Clicktionary users across the globe will now have access to the most reliable and up-to-date definitions and translations on their PC screens with better and faster results through OUP's best-selling dictionaries.
Three OUP dictionaries are now available through Clicktionary:
• Covering over 148,000 words and phrases and more than 265,000 translations, the Oxford Spanish Dictionary (English-Spanish) provides the richest coverage of Spanish from around the world, with entries from all aspects of life today—business, IT, science, the media, the environment, the Internet, and social life.
• Acclaimed by language experts the world over and covering more than 189,000 words and phrases and 288,000 translations, the Oxford-Hachette French Dictionary (English-French) is a pioneer in modern bilingual lexicography and the first dictionary of its kind to be compiled based on the statistical evidence of vast electronic databanks of real language, both written and spoken. This ensures that it gives a completely accurate picture of how French and English are used today
• The Oxford Portuguese Minidictionary (English-Portuguese) covers more than 23,200 words and phrases, and 34,800 translations -- all the core vocabulary of Portuguese and English, with special emphasis on Brazilian Portuguese. This essential English- Portuguese dictionary also contains detailed grammar guidance in its entries.
Six more OUP dictionaries will also soon be available:
• Recognized as the foremost single-volume authority on the English language, the Oxford Dictionary of English focuses on English as it is used today, informed by up-to-date evidence from the largest language research programme in the world, including the 800-million-word Oxford English Corpus.
• Commended by international language professionals for its comprehensive coverage and accuracy covering more than 157,000 words and phrases and 255,000 translations, the Oxford-Duden German Dictionary (English-German) contains in-depth coverage of all the latest vocabulary from all areas of life today, plus material on aspects of life and culture in the German- and English-speaking worlds.
• The Concise Oxford-Paravia Italian Dictionary (English-Italian) provides authoritative coverage of over 94,500 words and phrases and 156,600 translations making it the most up-to-date Concise English-Italian dictionary available.
• The Oxford-River Books English-Thai Dictionary is the first English-Thai dictionary of its kind. Offering more than 110,000 words and phrases, and 120,000 translations, this premium dictionary captures the idiomatic, colloquial, spoken, and written character of English and Thai. The extensive and up-to-date wordlist includes terminology from such diverse fields as business and finance, culture and sport, and computing and IT.
• Designed to give users a thorough introduction to Japanese, the Oxford Starter Japanese Dictionary (English-Japanese) covers all the essential vocabulary learners need in their first years of study. This innovative dictionary also gives unique guidance to the grammar and usage of the language.
• The Oxford Russian Dictionary (English-Russian) is acclaimed as the most comprehensive English-Russian dictionary available, covering over 97,200 words and phrases, and 156,600 translations. This top-of-the-range dictionary covers subject areas ranging from the general vocabulary of everyday life to specialist terminology from business, the media, computing, medicine, and science.
“Oxford University Press is pleased to be in partnership with Cleverlearn to bring the world’s most authoritative dictionaries to thousands of Clicktionary users around the world. We believe that Clicktionary is a reliable translation tool, equipped with user-friendly features that will make our comprehensive content more accessible to even more people,” says Ann Lawson, OUP Senior Rights Manager.
“We, at Cleverlearn, are very much honoured for this licensing pact with Oxford University Press. This means more value to us as well as to our thousands of users, who will now have easier access to first-rate translation content we can offer them,” says Tobias Koenig, Cleverlearn Product Development Head.
To have easy access to Oxford University Press language content, download premium Clicktionary at www.clicktionary.com. To learn more about how Clicktionary will work within a corporate environment and how it can be integrated into your organization, please email us at email@example.com.
About Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education in its worldwide publishing. The preparation of dictionaries and reference books, of all types and for all ages, has been a central part of its activities for more than 100 years. Please see www.oup.com for more details.
Clicktionary is a leading click-easy desktop translation tool. Equipped with power-packed features, Clicktionary offers faster translation lookup and better and more accurate translation results ideal for document reading and writing, whether for personal or corporate use. Clicktionary also helps promote word retention by providing powerful vocabulary-building features. Now supporting more major languages in the world, Clicktionary is available to both individual and corporate users. For additional information, www.clicktionary.com.
Founded in 1999 in Santa Monica, California, USA, Cleverlearn Ltd. is a leading provider of English learning solutions focused on addressing the problems that today’s professionals have to hurdle in picking up English as a second language. Cleverlearn leverages the widespread use of technology in modern everyday life by working across multiple platforms - from web to mobiles to PDAs - to deliver and reinforce English instruction. The company is headquartered in Hong Kong to be closer to the growing Asian markets, while it continues to serve customers worldwide with its cutting-edge learning tools and services. For more information on the company, visit www.cleverlearn.com.